Posts by Faye:
A thank you from my family
To those of you who took the time to offer condolences or share a memory on Facebook–Thank you.
To the many family members and friends who sent a card and/or flowers–we so appreciate the gesture.
Several years ago I decided to let mom know how much I appreciated her, so I wrote a list of things I was grateful for.
I wrote them up in a list, put it on nice paper, and sent it to her for Mother’s Day. She loved it so much that she hung it up and asked me to read it at her funeral.
So I’d like to read a few of my gratitudes; what I considered my “top 10:”
I am grateful
- I am grateful that you and dad stayed married to each other for over 52 years.
- I am grateful that you and dad made sacrifices for us by not pursuing obscene wealth and material possessions.
- I am grateful for those fun Friday nights when you let us stay up late to watch a movie, with popcorn you popped for us on the stove.
- I am grateful for all the times we played those great board games together as a family.
- I am grateful that you moved us to a neighborhood full of children to play with. I have lots of fond memories of Fairtree Drive.
- I am grateful to you for not showering us with wasteful and unnecessary gifts each Christmas, and for teaching us the real meaning of Christmas.
- I am grateful for my Catholic upbringing and education, and for helping me develop my spirituality.
- I am grateful that you maintained friendships with fun families like the Huffers, Stockers, Durbins, Mieyals, Signorellis, and especially all of dad’s fraternity brothers.
- I am grateful for all the times we played cards and gambled for pennies with you and Rosa.
- I am grateful for all those times we sat in the kitchen and drank wine together.
Life has been good to me. I realize I’m lucky and blessed to have been born into a loving and caring family. Thank you for everything. Happy Mother’s Day, mom!
Love you mom!
For those of you who are still lucky enough to have your parents, make sure you tell them how grateful you are.
This was the final song from the Ghosts of Christmas Eve concert, Dec. 3, 2016 at the Nutter Center, Dayton, Ohio. The Trans-Siberian Orchestra tours in November and December only. Check out this link for their website and schedule. Did you know? $1.00 of every ticket sold goes to a local charity The band incorporates […]
Musical version of famous horror movie finally released I know it’s been a spell since my last post, but I’ve been busy having a life. So to make up for the long hiatus, I’m sharing a little-known musical: The Shining. Yes, that famous Stephen King book and movie was made into a musical by […]
Did you ever wonder what it would be like to travel back into time to the year 0? Merry Christmas! For more ShadowboxLive videos, visit the playlist.
I recently had the privilege of attending the Joint Employer Event at the Mansfield Air National Guard Base in Mansfield, Ohio. Representatives from Ohio companies who employ veterans were invited to spend the day with the members of the Ohio National Guard in order to better understand the commitments they make to their careers, and […]